Auto log-on to multiple sites

AlanHo 16:28 10 Mar 2006

Is there any way of using a macro - or other ploy - to log onto three or more URL's in rotation for a set time each.

I want to use Internet Explorer or Mozilla to log onto a web site, then after a set interval (say 15 seconds) log onto a second site, then a third before going back to the original site ad infinitum until I manually stop the process.

BurrWalnut 18:33 10 Mar 2006

If you use IE7 (Beta) you can set multiple home pages then click the different tabs as and when you like.

AlanHo 17:18 11 Mar 2006

Flicking between browser pages like that only views each page from the computer temp files as originally downloaded - the page may have changed by then.

I want to literally log onto each web site in turn to ensure I am looking at the latest data.

dms05 17:24 11 Mar 2006

Opera allows mutiple tabs and you can refresh each page (manually) as often as you like and they are in real time not from a cache. I have Opera open with about 15 tabs, it loads each in turn and I can move from tab to tab as I like. It has a setting for 'start the same as last time' or you can save specific 'sessions' and reload these as and when you want.

AlanHo 17:52 11 Mar 2006

dms05

Unless I misunderstand you - your method still requires manual clicking on the tabs.

I am looking for a way of using a piece of software - or a macro - that will log onto several web sites in turn for a set time each.

I guess the limited response to this thread is an indication that it is a difficult - if not impossible - problem

Thanks for trying anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?