auto complete

lisa_gedo 20:02 28 Nov 2007

i recently reset my pc and had to re-install IE7, now i can only save certain passwords. it's getting really annoying having to re-enter passwords all the time, expecially since my pc won't save the yahoo password and i have to sign back in every time i shut down IE7...can anyone help....all boxes are check in auto complete and also 'use inline auto complete' on settings !!

Technotiger 20:17 28 Nov 2007

Hmm, can't help you with IE7 'cos I don't use it, but perhaps you would do better with Firefox, has some similarity to IE7 ......... and in Firefoxe's Tools>Options>Security tab one has the option to remember passwords!

click here

lisa_gedo 20:19 28 Nov 2007

ty for the reply, i have always used IE and i have previously been able to save passwords, it only stopped when i reset my system

VoG II 20:20 28 Nov 2007

Does IE still prompt to remember passwords?

Technotiger 20:21 28 Nov 2007

By 'reset my system' do you mean System Restore, or re-install of your OS?

With Firefox you can still keep IE7 to use as well - I use IE6 alongside Firefox... never did trust IE7!

lisa_gedo 20:31 28 Nov 2007

the only password its prompted me to save was the one for pcadvisor! lol.....i cant save any others......i did a re-install of my system

VoG II 20:36 28 Nov 2007

Any help? click here

Technotiger 20:36 28 Nov 2007

Give Firefox a go, worth a try - you might even like it better than IE7.

lisa_gedo 21:54 06 Dec 2007

I reset pc again and installed IE7 before i installed my anti virus and pop-up blocker, no problems now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?