Audio Vinyl-Cassettes recording to CD

eddiemoose 21:20 25 Aug 2009

I have many audio cassettes and vinyl records (45, 33 & 78 rpm) that I would like to copy to Digital CD. Some as far back as the 1950's. Has anyone sucessfully done this and what program and/or software did you use. I have a Sony HiFi with turntable included.

rawprawn 21:33 25 Aug 2009

Audacity click here
is a good way to do it. I did all my old cassettes using this program no trouble.

Stuartli 22:47 25 Aug 2009

See this thread:

click here

eedcam 22:58 25 Aug 2009

Yes but even with higher end software Like Adobe Audition it is a time consuming ardous task albeit rewarding .Nevertheless I would seriously consider trying to get the Vinyl albums on a good remastered CD ( not a cheap best of)first as you will never equal that . Tape not so bad as you might only have hiss to contend with Obviously if you cant get CD's you have no choice but its surprising what is available on cd even 50's material
You will be doing everything in realtime so its a long haul but can be well worth it

mole44 05:49 26 Aug 2009

I use a program from Magix called "Audio cleaning lab" it`s about £21 deluxe version with pre-amp £33 brilliant piece of kit,simple to use.and as an asside it records anything comming out your speakers.you`ll need the pre-amp to hook up turntable/cassette machine.It let`s you clean/chop e.t.c. your audio files and much more,i have and Advent machine running Vista 64 i must have recorded 300/400 albums/45`s and cassettes.i even sorted out a wedding LP from a neighbour (yes until i did it i`d never heard of it being done).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?