Audio Speakers

saxman 18:01 30 May 2004

I am running Win XP and my five speakers (creative labs) work fine when playing a CD from my drive. However when I listen to the radio via my realone player only three are working. I cannot find any way to reset the speakers from Real One. Any ideas please

Pearly Gates |X|X| 18:57 30 May 2004

Which 3 speakers? is it the sub and 2 satellites.
I do not know your soundcard, I have a 7.1 system but only get 7.1 when a DVD is encoded to play in surroundsound. Can you downmix in your soundcard applications. Not all speakers work all the time.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:22 01 Jun 2004

Hello again, as you have a creative then you probably have a speaker calibration application as part of the software. Have you used it and does the noise come out of the correct speakers?
As I have said I have the Audigy 2ZS platinum with 7.1 speakers, when I play stuff in Mediasource player, the sound comes out of all the speakers, when I play CDs from the Rom drive only the back 3 produce sound, when I play a surround sound encoded DVD then I get the full 7.1 effect of surround sound, which is not the same as stereo. Most of the time with ordinary CD music you may just as well have a 2.1 setup to be honest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?