Audio Sound Problem

Danageddon 13:13 01 Aug 2010

Hello

I have recently bought a MSI Wind U130 10in Netbook and i have just tried to listen to music on youtube the sound that i'm receiving is distorted, a kind of
stuttering. Here is a recording if you would like to take a listen.

click here

I'd be very grateful if someone can help with a solution?

Thanks

Graphicool1 16:12 01 Aug 2010

I downloaded and played your sample of 'The Jam'. It played fine, no stuttering or anything out of order. So I would suspect your problem to be with your sound card or the notebook's configuration.

See if your sound card has the latest driver.

Graphicool1 17:58 01 Aug 2010

Try this...click here YouTube link and play the vid. Sorry about the music,but it plays OK for me. If it plays OK for you too, then you'll know it's a buffering problem. As explained below. If you don't want to do what I'm suggesting below, then you can always download a free 'Video Accelerator'.

Make sure the HD is turned OFF, as that can interfere with the sound and vision.

Some videos need to load before they can play without stuttering. Try clicking the arrow (bottom left of the video) that starts the video, then immeadiately click it again to 'Pause' it. As you watch you should see a feint line moving across the bottom of the video. When it reaches the end of the bar click the arrow again. It should now play more smoothly. (buffering)

Also if you download the video to your PC then play it. You won't need to get it to buffer before playing.

eedcam 18:00 01 Aug 2010

Same here fine for me

Graphicool1 18:03 01 Aug 2010

Free video accelerator 'Speed Bit' click here

Graphicool1 18:53 01 Aug 2010

If you decide to go for SpeedBit or any other Accelerator, be alert when installing and make sure you untick anything you don't want added.

Also, make sure you set a 'System Restore' point before you download and install anything.

Danageddon 20:40 01 Aug 2010

Graphicool1

Thanks for sparing your time to read my problem. I have posted. Much appreciated?

No matter what i try and listen to i get distortion? the YouTube recording was just taken as a sample i was hoping someone would identify the source of the problem and come up with the answer?

Little did i know the recording would be ok. I shall the look into the sound card advice you mentioned.

Which website would you recommend to download the sound card drive update?

Thanks

northumbria61 20:55 01 Aug 2010

MSI.com should have all you need - drivers, manual etc. - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017