Audio problems Speakers not working

toogie 12:35 06 Aug 2010

I have recently re-installed 'Creative Sound Blaster Audigy' onto my new hard drive. I have 5.1 speaker system but only 'back left' and 'back right' are working, wheras they were all working on my old drive. I have checked the wiring connections and all appears ok. I have also tried using Creative Audigy diagnostic tool but there appears to be a problem, even with this, because the 'Start Test' button is not available. Do you have any advice on how I can find out why the other speakers are not working. I have a suspicion that a new Motherboard fitted since the original "old hard drive" was installed but before my new one may be part of the problem because this did cause some problems when re-loading some other programs. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

northumbria61 13:21 06 Aug 2010

Do you have the Realtek Audio Manager installed ?
It may just help you with your problem - click here

northumbria61 13:24 06 Aug 2010

Look for the latest dated one from above link. Also consider uninstall and reinstall of Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

toogie 14:52 06 Aug 2010

northumbria61, thanks but when I tried to download I had to sign in to become a Popular File Member, which I was happy to do, for a nominal sum of $1.95.
However, when I search within this site I cannot find the download that your link originally took me to. I have tried the link again and it takes me to to the site again!! Sorry but I do not understand!!!

northumbria61 14:10 08 Aug 2010

I'd be tempted to do a cleansweep and remove the card from your PC. Reboot without the card and make sure everything works. Then put the card back in and reinstall from the CD that came with the card.

I am currently at a loss as to why your other speakers are not working - it currently points to connections but you say you have checked and all appear to be okay. There are others with similar problems to your click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?