Audio Playback via CD re-writer drive

bamfiesler 10:54 11 Mar 2003

Just noticed this by accident. If I open the 'cdplayer' program, the drive runs but there is no audio, but with Win. Mediaplayer 7, there is audio, but it's jumpy, and the drive light fluctuates in time with this jumpiness.

I've cheched the drive's read speed, which is 32x.

Any ideas?

reaths 12:14 11 Mar 2003

if you have just fitted it did you fit the lead from the sound card into it or did you leave it attached to the cd rom

cream. 12:41 11 Mar 2003

Try this

for 98\M.E. go to control panel-multimedia-cd music and tick the play digital music box.

for 2000.
click here

for X\P device manager-cdrom drive-properties and tick enable digital CD audio for this device.

bamfiesler 12:53 11 Mar 2003

REATHS - No, the CD/RW came with the system.

VILLAGE IDIOT - Thanx, but tried that earlier; no change. It's not important as I usually use the DVD drive for playback, but I would have thought the CD/RW drive would have played back ok, unless there is no audio cable to the soundcard (hence, no sound from cdplayer), and/or the info is being read from a cache by Windos MediaPlayer...........

bamfiesler 13:14 11 Mar 2003

Just Solved this issue!

'Options' in WMediaplayer, under the 'CD Audio' flag, unticked 'Digital playback' and 'Use error correction', and Applied. Got nowt, but reticked 'Digital' and left 'Use error...' unticked, and Voila!

Thanx for help, anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?