Audio Not Working !!!!

Sheps 11:45 28 Sep 2009

Hi ya all, I'm hoping someone out there could shed some light on my audio problem....I have a little red circle with a white cross covering my speaker icon......when I hovver over it, it is saying NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED. Well the speakers are showing their on, so I done no more , and went into town this morning and purchased some more !!!! i've plugged them in, and still the same, so I'm guessing the speakers were ok in the first place, so what can it be??? I have been into the device properties and there are no EXCLAMATION MARKS showing, has anyone any ideas, if so could you guide me through some steps to get it back working. Many thanks in advance. Paula

oldbeefer2 11:58 28 Sep 2009

Type 'no audio' into Help and Support and run through the basic checks there first.

Sheps 12:00 28 Sep 2009

Ok thank you, just gonna don it now

Stuartli 12:58 28 Sep 2009

Check from Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>General tab that Mute has not inadvertently been Enabled. If so, uncheck it.

Whilst there, check in the Sound and Video tabs that your on-board sound chipset or sound card is Enabled as the Default Device.

Also double click on the Volume icon in the Notification tray and ensure that, again, nothing has been Muted inadvertently.

Sheps 15:07 06 Oct 2009

Whooooo finally sorted it out thank you. I done a system restore, i went back to the day i had a major update with the vista pack 2 thingy, well its was working fine up until that update took place, well i done the restore, and wholla ....i'm well pleased. many thanks for your help. Regards Paula

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?