audio jack problem after os change

gabocarvallo 17:31 20 Apr 2017

Hi:

So I bouth a HP pavillion 14 in 2013 with windows 8 and after a few months I installed win7. After that the audio jack started with this issue that audio only comes out of the left earphone or speaker and the built in speakers never mute. I reinstalled win8 thinking it was a driver issue with win7 but the problem persisted and still persisted when I installed win10. A few days ago I reinstalled win10 and the jack just died. no sound comes from headphones when I connect them. Also, I'm pretty sure the built in speakers have lower volume than in the beggining. Also I'm pretty sure the jack didn't break or anything because it happened exactly when I reinstalled the OS both times. I have reinstalled the audio drivers several times with no results. Please help me.. it's not a matter of life or death but it's really annoying

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:11 20 Apr 2017

Check playback settings in sound and audio is set to speakers

alanrwood 18:55 20 Apr 2017

Almost certainly a hardware problem with the jack socket which contains a switch activated when the plug is inserted into the jack socket.

wee eddie 20:16 20 Apr 2017

I think that the timing is a coincidence. Because plugging in the Headphone Jack does not cut out the Built-in Speakers, I think that the Socket has broken

MJS WARLORD 20:59 20 Apr 2017

please look at the 2 comments I made in this post click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires