audio geek advice required

  dunc1234 23:39 01 Feb 2003

i have a couple of standard speakers from a dead stereo unit, is there a way i can connect these to my pc,a nd explainations on what is needed such as amplifiers or wiring and links would be a great help

  Old PC man 13:23 02 Feb 2003

You need to connect the line out from your sound card to an amplifier as the signal from the card is pre-amp.

Computer speakers have their own power amp built in an therefore you require to attach a similar item to your "standard speakers" to amplify the signal from the sound card. If the dead stereo unit still has a working amp you could use that along with the transformers for step down power, switches for control and volume ......etc.


you could buy a pair of spakers for your computer starting from about ten quid and save yourself the hassle.

John /#)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?