Audio files and Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0

Florio 20:56 06 Apr 2008

A while back I posted about the problems I was then having listening to audio files on the a particular website (click here); these are reproduced directly on the site without going through Real or Windows Media Players. I don’t know what happened, but not long after my final posting on the subject, I was able to hear the files perfectly.
The other day, however, I installed Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0, and the same old problems have resurfaced. I feel that the firewall may be interfering with Active X Controls which were somehow involved in the playback of the audio files. How can I check this out (i.e., where do I look? There are so many different windows in the Comodo interface), and how can I put things right if the problem does in fact lie here?
Florio

Woolwell 23:42 06 Apr 2008

Had a look at the site which Firefox didn't like and in IE7 it prompted to install Korean language. Looked at the site without that. From what I can follow they are midi files and some require active x. I could not get some to play and some I could.
Sorry I cannot help more and am unwilling to explore that site more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?