audio drivers

braiman 17:22 28 Jan 2007

I have a yellow ? by the multimedia audio controller on device manager, my OS is XP but I am not sure of the manufacturer of the sound equipment.The paperwork says 5.1 surround sound 6 channel audio.
I suspect it is by Nvidia but short of opening up the case I cannot be sure.
When I checked the message is that the drivers are not installed. They were there until recently but somehow I need to install new drivers
I should be gratefull for any advice Rgds Braiman

Mark_H 17:29 28 Jan 2007

their probably onboard audio ac97 , the drivers are here click here

create a restore point in you can before installing, though the drivers can be easily uninstalled.

Let us know how you get on

eedcam 17:45 28 Jan 2007

Have you recently had a windows update?

Stuartli 17:54 28 Jan 2007

It could also be C-Media or Realtek onboard sound, so checking in System Information (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Components>Sound Device will reveal exactly what manufacturer and model is involved.

You can then download the latest drivers from the respective manufacturer's website.

braiman 20:47 28 Jan 2007

I have followed all your advice and have now successfully downloaded drivers from realtec and all is well once more. Many thanks to all concerned Rgds Braiman

braiman 17:04 29 Jan 2007

Having now downloaded drivers for my soundcard I find another problem. I have an analogue camcorder with which I can transfer video to hard disk or cd using a "smartdisk cameramate" device, I would like to use microsoft moviemaker to edit and try some effects with, but although the picture is ok there is no sound. I should mention that I can get sound using the "cameramate" software but I think that moviemaker has more possibilities. I have looked on the microsoft knowledge base without success, just hoping someone knows the answer.
RGDS Braiman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017