Audio cable for DVD ROM Drive.

Sapins 15:55 24 Jan 2005

I have built a new system and used the DVD ROM Drive from the old system with the audio cable. I am now rebuilding the old system with new HDD, Floppy Drive and DVD ROM Drive, do I just buy another audio cable, are they all the same? The new DVD drive, Toshiba 16x 48x, came without cables, CD or manual.

The only information I have on the old motherboard is: Tabor C Coppermine MP440BX with power management, this info is from Everest Home Edition which I had on the old system. I could do with a diagram of the board if anyone has a link to the makers site please.

SEASHANTY 16:09 24 Jan 2005

The sound plugs at the back of DVD-Rom drives are all usually the flat four socket connectors. Its at the other end that the variations occur. Sound cards seem to have all sorts of different plug/socket connectors. Check your sound card for the connection
pins for CD and AUX and purchase a lead in accordance with what you need. Some leads come with a selection of connecting plug/socket points.

Sapins 16:20 24 Jan 2005

Thanks for that. I'll take the card into the shop, I can now get the right cable,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?