audigy Se sound card - drivers

pookie 13:45 23 Feb 2006

Hi guys

I've just bought this to replace my current onboard sound.

drivers - do i install the drivers from the cd or ignore these and install the new ones of the creative site - ie do the new drivers sit on top of the cd ones or replace them?

many thanks

P

GaT7 15:36 23 Feb 2006

I'd install the ones off the CD first, then use Creative's Software AutoUpdate click here to scan your system for updates. It's less confusing this way (I felt anyway!).

There's also all the additional Creative application sw to install - install them all then uninstall what you do not need (or leave it as it is - won't do any harm). You may also want to install this lot before the autoupdate scan. G

GaT7 15:39 23 Feb 2006

If you don't have broadband, just post all updates (the exact file names, versions, etc as applicable) you require here, & I can burn them on a disk & send it over. G

pookie 16:26 23 Feb 2006

many thanks - i have broadband but your offer is much appreciated.

take care

P

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:36 23 Feb 2006

When you update the drivers please check that the drivers have been signed(green tick) only sometimes it takes several installs to make them correct.

GaT7 17:59 23 Feb 2006

Hertz Van Rentyl, the drivers I use (for an Audigy 2) are not digitally signed but they work fine. So do a few other components without digitally-signed drivers. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?