Audigy Platinum

Ralpheus 10:58 18 Jan 2003
  Ralpheus 10:58 18 Jan 2003

I realise that I have, unfortunately ended up with the Audigy Platinum Internal, as opposed to the Audigy Platinum ex.

In wondering just how hard to kick myself and stare pointedly at those who advised me to buy this from them, I need to know the following:

-Can I simultaneously record a number of live audio inputs (mike, guitar etc) using the Audigy Platinum internal card?

If so, which inputs could I use?
I notice there is a mike input on the front panel and also on the back, I don't know if I can use them both at the same time.

cheers

flecc 12:28 18 Jan 2003

I don't quite understand this. The Platinums are all internal but with external breakout boxes for 5.5 inch bay mounting surely?

Are you cross referring to the Extigy USB sound unit box, a different product?

It's unlikely that you could use the mic at both inputs, the breakout box is just an extension for convenience.

« Ravin » 13:11 18 Jan 2003

the "ex" version of the platinum card has the external live drive for thos who dont have a free 5 and half bay.

« Ravin » 13:15 18 Jan 2003

oops sorry misread your post!

flecc 13:36 18 Jan 2003

No problem. Yes, I understand that, but I'm sure there's no difference in either product, just a convenience thing.

You won't be able to record two different items simultaneously, whatever connections you use, but you can of course use the mixer to either blend sources or use it as a convenient method of switching between inputs.

Of course the Windows Volume Control also gives that facility via it's mute boxes.

It's just possible that you might be able to use an Extigy in addition though. This uses it's own resouces as it's effectively an external independent soundcard feeding through a USB port. That way you'd have two of everything, but I'd recommend that you try before buying if possible. It's also very high quality and has been highly praised in reviews.

Ralpheus 16:34 18 Jan 2003

I'm a little confused, please help me along here - why does the eX card have two quarter in jack sockets for analogue instruments (guitar etc) if it can only record 1 item at a time?

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?