Audacity won't save

bitterbanana 06:15 14 Feb 2006

The free MP3 encoding license on my Nero Wave Editor expired, so I need a new way to edit music tracks and mp3 files.

However, when I used Audacity, imported, and cut parts of a song, I wasn't able to Save in any form, whether I wanted to Save Project or to Export it into MP3 format. It just grays it out.

I tried reading the documentation, FAQ, and help files, it mentions nothing of this.

€dstowe 06:27 14 Feb 2006

Have you installed the LAME software?

If not, look for LAME in the Audacity help files and it will tell you what to do.

interzone55 11:26 14 Feb 2006

I order to save files in the MP3 format you need an MP3 encoder. The free Lame Enc does a fine job.

From the Audacity help pages

Windows
Go to the LAME download page. (click here)
Click on any link from the list of identical "lame-3.96.1" links.
When you have finished downloading LAME, unzip it and save the file lame_enc.dll anywhere on your computer.
The first time you use the "Export as MP3" command, Audacity will ask you where lame_enc.dll is saved

bitterbanana 01:06 15 Feb 2006

I found out what was really going on. It turns out that while you are playing the song, and pause it, all of the Save or Save As controls do not function.

Also your instructions appear to be outdated. Instead of selecting Export as MP3, you must:

Press Ctrl + P or select Edit and Preferences
Click on the File Formats tabs, look down, and it should ask you for a MP3 encoder. Click browse and select the .dll file

Anyways the problems been solved. I noticed that this particular encoder saves at a higher bitrate, even a bitrate of your choice, in contrast to Nero, which only saves at a lousy 80 kbps.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?