Audacity - problem with sound

amarna 11:26 09 Jan 2008

Hi

Complete novice here! Was given a Numark for Christmas. Having connected it up ok, when I played an LP through my new computer speakers the sound was really warbly, and I dont know if this is connected to the fact that even when nothing is playing, the level? monitors on top right of screen are registering and jumping up and down!

I have never played CDs through my computer before as I have a sound system in the same room, but I tried just putting one on to see what would happen, and this warbles too.

To give you an idea of my level of knowledge, I'm not even sure what my soundcard is, by a process of elimination I think its a soundMAX Digital Audio?

Have I given enough info for someone to point me in the right direction? Any help that can be given would be much appreciated as cant wait to start transferring my LPs!

Amarna

ACOLYTE 11:32 09 Jan 2008

Sounds like you have a setting up to high,or evan the Mic turned on and its picking up background noise,but not having a newmark or really not sure what one is i cant say much more than that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?