audacity does not record anything

howard64 20:46 03 Jul 2007

I have recently built a new pc - core 2 duo 2GB ram win xp sp2. I have downloaded audacity but it fails to find the real player streaming radio. The graph shows an almost straight line and the only sound recorded is a faint hum. My old pc still records perfectly using audacity. I have obviously missed a setting somewhere on the new one and would be obliged if someone could point me to it. Or any other prog that can record from a streaming audio. Thanks in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 03 Jul 2007

What is the source of Audacity's sound? It needs to be something to the effect of "what you hear" or speaker output or the like - sorry, I can't recall exactly...

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 03 Jul 2007

What is the source of Audacity's sound? It needs to be something to the effect of "what you hear" or speaker output or the like - sorry, I can't recall exactly...

Eric10 22:05 03 Jul 2007

Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that Audacity is designed to record streaming audio. Check this link for more info and programs click here.

Diodorus Siculus 23:21 03 Jul 2007

I use Audacity to record from BBC streaming; only thing it is on my XP machine and I am booted onto Vista now so haven't had time to check settings.

I'll boot into XP in the morning and see where we get to :)

Giant68 23:28 03 Jul 2007

I have used Total Recorder from click here with great success. You have to pay fro it though, but only something like $11
I believe that there are some problems using any streaming audio recorder with Vista as DRM seems to block a lot of it.

Regards

Giant68

howard64 11:38 04 Jul 2007

thanks all I have downloaded the beta and that is exactly the same as the older version - so no improvement so far.

howard64 14:23 05 Jul 2007

thanks Marg7 but I do not have an option to set the default recording device to wave.

howard64 14:47 05 Jul 2007

yes been in there as you suggested but no option to set up wave

howard64 14:53 05 Jul 2007

just soundmax HD audio

howard64 14:58 05 Jul 2007

yes I have clicked it like you said originally but there is no option for wave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires