audacity

paybarforme 10:25 25 Nov 2007

hi, i'm trying to record a song of you tube using audacity, i have a webcam plugged in but when i record it picks up every sound, if i take it off it won't record saying there's a problem with the input device, what do i change over to , to get only the song coming through and not any background noise ?

octal 11:42 25 Nov 2007

I had a similar problem, make sure Pcm is selected to record from the sound card, like this: click here

Mine might looked slightly different to yours, but I think you get the idea.

patso 11:45 25 Nov 2007

can you be more specific about what your trying to do ie what exactly are you trying to record and what device you are trying to record from from and i will try to help you ok there is a drop down box that has devices which audacity finds automatically you then pick which one you want to use,then record- save the file and open then edit it,theb resave it,post back and let me know ok

Eric10 11:58 25 Nov 2007

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to record the sound that is playing through your PC using Audacity. To do this in my version of Audacity (1.2.6) you need to select "Wave Out Mix" on the mixer toolbar.

eedcam 12:52 25 Nov 2007

Can you not just download the song? then play with it

paybarforme 13:09 25 Nov 2007

Cannot find pcm box, input device drop down box.
when recording background noise ie voices are picked up through the webcam, when webcam is diconnected warning comes up with input device... Should we de install then re-install?

RWest 14:21 25 Nov 2007

audacity, firefox mozilla browser has plugins, and one of them is a donloader - it gives a small coloured twirling logo if there's something downloadable. So, if your prob is just getting a movie onto your PC, try that

realist 15:38 25 Nov 2007

easier to use this click here
to download as flv file

and this
click here
to convert to mp3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?