Attachments

Young Ranger 21:22 23 Nov 2009

I've been using Windows7 quite happily since release but today it has decided not to open any attachments in Windows Live. I haven't altered any settings so what's happened?

I also have a problem connecting to the internet after boot up. I have to re-boot several times before it connects. My other PC using the same router doesn't have this problem???

Young Ranger 08:47 16 Dec 2009

Re-installing AVG 9 seemed to sort out the attachments problem but I'm still having a lot of trouble connecting to the internet every day and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes I only have to re-boot once but usually two or three times each morning. Once on it is fine for the rest of the day.

Does "Error 0 (net::OK) unknown error mean anything?

Technotiger 16:16 08 Jan 2010

Are you using Google Chrome? If so, uninstall G. Chrome and then re-install it.

Young Ranger 16:17 08 Jan 2010

Any one?

Sea Urchin 18:02 08 Jan 2010

As Technotiger says this error is associated with Google Chrome

Young Ranger 19:25 08 Jan 2010

Interesting. I have Google Chrome on the troublesome PC and the other plus a new laptop. Only one is causing a problem but I'll give it whirl and report back.

woodchip 19:36 08 Jan 2010

Also check firewall by Disabling the

Young Ranger 19:51 08 Jan 2010

Chrome reinstalled and after a re-boot it seems to have solved the problem. It has lost my favourites and passwords but I can live with that.

The crucial test is if it continues to be OK for a few days. I'll let you know.

Thank you for the replies. :)

rhythm123 21:52 08 Jan 2010

Google chrome so far is showing good responses. Chrome ignito window is quite safer also as compared to other's.

So it's better to install chrome.

Young Ranger 19:30 10 Jan 2010

Re-installed Chrome but that only seems to have made things worse. I can't get that PC to connect at all :(

Technotiger 20:09 10 Jan 2010

When you uninstalled GC, did you use the Free version of click here if not, then I would advise you to do so now, then try the re-install again. If G.C. then continues to give problems, I would un-install it again and do without it. After all, it is not an essential item, there are alternatives.

Important Revo instructions ... During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?