attachment problem following firewall installatio

gartoye 19:16 09 Mar 2006

Hi PC experts,
Following a link given in a previous thread I installed Sunbelt personal firewall, now when i try to add an attachment to an email my connection times out (i use firefox). I have never had problems attaching files before, I used to use XP firewall but decided to get a standalone firewall after reading a few threads. Is this new program stopping my attachments? Ive looked at the exceptions, theres only one there (microsoft update). Do I have to add firefox as an exception? I dont get any firewall alerts, I dont get asked if i want to add an exception (like XP used to do sometimes)it just flashes up "connection timed out" the second I click on "attach files". This post may not sound very challenging to alot of you PC guys, but i would appreciate a pointer in the right direction before i start fiddling about.

gartoye 19:21 09 Mar 2006

Sorry the connection doesnt "time out" it "resets"

freaky 20:45 09 Mar 2006

I use the Sunbelt Kerio Firewall, and have no problem adding attachements to emails. Your problem could be due to using Firefox as am using Outlook Express.

Why don't you email Sunbelt and ask them.

gartoye 21:02 09 Mar 2006

thanks freaky i will contact them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?