Attachment icon-why?

gudda96 10:20 08 Apr 2006

Hi Guys

Have had this before but forget the cure!!

When I receive e-mails in OE, they have the attachment icon displayed, even though there is no attachment.

I might add, it also displays whenthere IS an attachment, sure its got to be a tick somewhere in the wrong place.

Anyone got the link for Imageshack please

VoG II 10:25 08 Apr 2006
  gudgulf 10:27 08 Apr 2006

I think this happens with AVG antivirus but as I don't use it myself I am unsure what the cure is.....seem to recall you stop scanning incoming mail.

You would still have av protection if any file/folder in the mail was opened and through routine system scans.

gudda96 10:46 08 Apr 2006

VOG

Thanks, followed your link and UNticked certify mail.

I assume that as the box for "check incoming mail" is ticked, it just means that mail sent to me is scanned by AVG but its not certified.

As I am the recipient, I know its checked so I dont need it certified on screen.

have I got that right?

gudda96 10:46 08 Apr 2006

VOG

Thanks, followed your link and UNticked certify mail.

I assume that as the box for "check incoming mail" is ticked, it just means that mail sent to me is scanned by AVG but its not certified.

As I am the recipient, I know its checked so I dont need it certified on screen.

have I got that right?

gudda96 10:52 08 Apr 2006

VOG

I returned to control centre for look around and I realised that its working ok now but all I had to do was to tick the "certify mail" but also tick"only with attachments".

Sent one of each to myself and true enough, only mail with attachment displys the icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?