Attachment icon

gudda96 14:19 19 May 2006

Hi There

I am getting an attachment icon showing on my incoming mail in OE even when there is no attachment, any ideas please.

I have done attachment in Image Shack ,just hope I have posted link correctly

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

DieSse 14:22 19 May 2006

Possibly an AVG (or other AV program) tag line - this shows up as an attachment.

gudda96 15:38 19 May 2006

DieSse

Could you be a bit more precise please?

Sounds like its to do with my AVG ??

DieSse 15:45 19 May 2006

tag line - the line that gets attached to incoming emails by AVG which states it's be scanned and declared free of viruses.

gudda96 16:59 19 May 2006

Ha!

The certification that states mail has been scanned, no, its nothing to do with that, I have always used that but never had this problem.

DieSse 17:39 19 May 2006

click here

This forum thread shows what to do - turn off certification - the email is still scanned, but you don't get the attachment. Although I don't use AVG, this issue has been raised a number of times here before.

DieSse 17:40 19 May 2006

PS - possibly a recent update has turned the certification message on.

gudda96 17:49 19 May 2006

DieSse

That was handy reading that post, I never knew that tie-in but before closing, I will clarify.

I want e-mail to show certification as it puts, the recipient of my mail at ease receiving my mail.

Also, as stated, I have removed the icon simply by putting tick into send in plain text.

Thanks for your input, is this when I tick resolved?

DieSse 18:18 19 May 2006

*I have removed the icon simply by putting tick into send in plain text.*

It must put the normal html message in as an attachment - but clearly can't put that into a plain text message. So it changes the tag to plain text, which won't show as an attachment.

Yes this is indeed where you tick the resolved box - well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros