Attachment icon

gudda96 14:19 19 May 2006

Hi There

I am getting an attachment icon showing on my incoming mail in OE even when there is no attachment, any ideas please.

I have done attachment in Image Shack ,just hope I have posted link correctly

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

DieSse 14:22 19 May 2006

Possibly an AVG (or other AV program) tag line - this shows up as an attachment.

gudda96 15:38 19 May 2006

DieSse

Could you be a bit more precise please?

Sounds like its to do with my AVG ??

DieSse 15:45 19 May 2006

tag line - the line that gets attached to incoming emails by AVG which states it's be scanned and declared free of viruses.

gudda96 16:59 19 May 2006

Ha!

The certification that states mail has been scanned, no, its nothing to do with that, I have always used that but never had this problem.

DieSse 17:39 19 May 2006

click here

This forum thread shows what to do - turn off certification - the email is still scanned, but you don't get the attachment. Although I don't use AVG, this issue has been raised a number of times here before.

DieSse 17:40 19 May 2006

PS - possibly a recent update has turned the certification message on.

gudda96 17:49 19 May 2006

DieSse

That was handy reading that post, I never knew that tie-in but before closing, I will clarify.

I want e-mail to show certification as it puts, the recipient of my mail at ease receiving my mail.

Also, as stated, I have removed the icon simply by putting tick into send in plain text.

Thanks for your input, is this when I tick resolved?

DieSse 18:18 19 May 2006

*I have removed the icon simply by putting tick into send in plain text.*

It must put the normal html message in as an attachment - but clearly can't put that into a plain text message. So it changes the tag to plain text, which won't show as an attachment.

Yes this is indeed where you tick the resolved box - well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?