Attaching emails

TN 10:03 27 Jun 2008

This might seem to be a silly question but.... is it possible to attach an email to another outgoing email? I do NOT mean to actually forward an email but to actually include it as an attachment. The reason is that I have been in contact with a technical support unit and any answers have to be in the form of a reply but I want to let them see another email as part of my question. I hope this is clear enough! Many thnaks for help.

Technotiger 10:38 27 Jun 2008

I don't think it can be done, though I could be wrong - but, why not Copy/Paste the contents of the mail in question, into your reply to the support unit.

Technotiger 19:49 27 Jun 2008

Or - Highlight the contents and CTRL + C then open up Word and CTRL + V on the blank displayed document so the contents are displayed.

Save the document as a .doc or .txt file, you can then send that file as an Attachment.

woodchip 20:21 27 Jun 2008

If you open the E-Mail that you want them to see, then Click on Reply They will get your Mail plus the old one back under the one you sent.

Don't forget to type you E-Mail at the top before sending it

TN 21:03 27 Jun 2008

Thanks to every one of you for all your help - I copied the complete emils into a new temporary folder and then attached the folder to the email from the technical dept. All 100% so thnaks again.

Technotiger 21:15 27 Jun 2008

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017