ati radeon trouble

dikky 17:25 19 Dec 2007

hi all
i got a problem with my radeon 2400hd pro card
i bought a puter couple of months ago and then
after a couple of weeks i was getting wierd shutdowns, then again after a few weeks it would take ages 2 boot up(i mean like 10 mins 4 post screen)then one day it just gave me fatal error and all i could get was black screen of death on boot.
i finally tracked it down 2 the video card, took it out +resorted 2 onboard graphics +puter booted
no prob
anyone got any ideas pls im at a total loss
thx in advance

mainboard: asrock conroe1333-d667
drive: maxtor diamondback 250gb
ram: 2* 1gb
video: ati radeon 2400hd pro
chipset: intel 82945g
psu: 400w

cheers

Crash 17:43 19 Dec 2007

Did you try to install the latest drivers for the card? Is there any sign of damage to the card e.g. overheating?

dikky 17:54 19 Dec 2007

yep did all that, card looks fine doesnt look burnt out, like i say i thought it was a power issue so i put in another psu still nowt:(
if i put it in puter i dont even get post screen
im puzzled
thx 4 replying may b sumthin in bios,pcie is enabled
thx

Crash 17:56 19 Dec 2007

Ring whoever you got if from and get a replacement but if you have access to another pc with pcie you could try it in case its the motherboard.

dikky 18:07 19 Dec 2007

k thx crash i havnt got access 2 another pci e puter i got one more idea to try later if that dont work ill hav 2 send it bak
thx anyway appreciate the help

Stuartli 20:02 19 Dec 2007

Did you have onboard graphics Disabled when using the grapics card?

I have an ATi card and only use the standard ATi driver with it; in place of the hefty Catalyst offering I use ATi Tray Tools which are a fraction of the size, yet deliver virtually all the same features.

See:

click here

The ATi driver can be downloaded from the official website.

click here

After uninstalling any ATi (or nVidia etc) drivers or software I use Drive Cleaner Pro (freeware) to clean up any remaining remnants before installing new drivers. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?