ATI radeon 7500 installation problem.

aranbailey 20:35 26 Sep 2007

I have recently put a new Hard Drive in my computer, effectively starting again from scratch, when I reinstalled Xp I had most of my drivers but not one for my ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card, this means I can't play any 3d games without them running really slow!

I have tried to re-install the driver but the computer doesn't detect the card automatically and the driver that I have on disk starts to install then comes up with the error message 'setup was unable to complete the installation. Try your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup'

Now I've been told by various sources that I have to delete the old drivers... but there isnt any, I was also told to uninstall the video device that is shown in device manager but In my Device manager it shows that I havent got a video card installed. (see below)

a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> /a>

Im at a total loss, I've tried everything I can think of including trying drivers from various sites (dells version, ATI's version etc) and it results in the same error message!

help!

regards Aran.

using -

Dell Inspiron 5100
Windows XP Service pack 2
Pentium 4, 2.4
256 Mb ram
80Gb HD
ATI radeon (mobility) 7500

User-312386 20:39 26 Sep 2007

Hi

1 You havent installed the chipset drivers yet for the ethernet controller

2 Update windows before trying to load the graphics driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?