ATI driver installed.?

Ex plorer 14:22 07 May 2006

Hi ok my every day PC is playing up, it started yesterday by restarting for no reason.
This morning it would not come on.
I have swapped PCs monitor leads from one good PC to the duff PC and the monitor is ok.
I exchanged the hard drive from the duff PC to a good one and that worked.
I put the good HD into the Duff PC and it fired up OK.
I ran an old HD on the Duff PC and it worked OK. I have now put the original HD back in the Duff PC and it it’s not working.
The Red light won’t go out and the green is on as always.
I have put my Post Card into the PCI slot and it shows FF means that the BIOS already passed the control to the operation system?
As you press the on button it beeps and that’s not how it used to be.
Windows XP is now asking to register within the next three days. One other message was ATI control failed to intiliaz no ATI driver installed.
Should I run my MOBO disk and see what happens.

Ex

Totally-braindead 14:27 07 May 2006

Regarding the beeps this may tell you what it is that is faulty click here personally seeing as how it fires up ok with another drive in place and if you put the faulty drive in another PC it also starts up then I would think its some of the motherboard drivers, same conclusion as you have thought of.
Lets put it this way, it wouldn't do any harm.

Totally-braindead 14:34 07 May 2006

Also would reinstall ATI drivers.

Ex plorer 15:38 07 May 2006

ok all drivers installed going ok up to now .looking for windows updates and loading them.
This is a registered XP yet it says I have to register it again.
When I bought my PC with XP the sticker was put inside a bag with documentation etc so I was told by Cube, I must have thrown it out as I have never seen it. Any suggestions on this.

Totally-braindead 15:49 07 May 2006

If you look under system in control panel I'm fairly sure it gives you your registration number.

Stuartli 16:22 07 May 2006

If you install Belarc Advisor it will list your Product Key number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?