ATI All In Wonder

joban 11:27 19 Oct 2003

Hi,
I've recently upgraded to this card (9000 pro) and after some help from this forum I got everything working great. I now have a Win98SE shutting down prob that's annoying me.
On about 1 in 4 occasions the shutting down screen appears followed by a series of 3 blue screens with different messages but the culprit seems to be VXD ATI2VXAG(01). If I just press enter the pc then shuts down and subsequently retsarts normally. No different programs used on the occasions it happens.
I have the file ATI2VXAG without the (01) attached on my pc but have no idea just what it does.
Can anyone throw any light on this please or should I just grin & bear it?
Advice appreciated
Jo

john-232317 12:22 19 Oct 2003

Do you mean its locking up when its shutting down, or do you mean its locking up when you boot up and you have to press enter to reboot ?

It sounds like its having a problem finding a video driver.But it shouldnt be looking for it on a shutdown.

hugh-265156 12:29 19 Oct 2003

ati2vxag.vxd,ati2mtag.sys and so on are part of the cat radeon drivers.

try updating to the latest version.

click here

joban 13:38 19 Oct 2003

definitely on shutting down & after windows shutting down screen, no problem starting

I've followed the ATI link and realised from that I needed the Connect3D folk so will pursue with them

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?