Ati

MrGoldfish 22:39 16 Jan 2004

I want to buy the ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB (with the free half life 2 game ofcourse :) ) but there are loads of versions of this card. ASUS, Creative, Connect3d, Hurcules, PowerColor and Sapphire all make versions of this card. Can anyone tell me are there any differnces between the different makes of this card and if so which one is the best. I want the maximum speed out of this card.

Also (might as well shove this on the end) does anyone know a great place to buy pc parts online that is cheap. I'm building my own computer and a good place to buy the parts would be helpful. I live in the UK if that makes a difference.

hugh-265156 22:44 16 Jan 2004

most of the powered by cards follow the standard ati design but may be clocked slightly different and come bundled with various different games or or have a big shiny box.

some just supply the card on its own.

go for the one you can get the cheapest and has the highest gpu and memory clock speeds.note you will pay a lot more for a card with 256ram,go for a 128 version with a high clock speed and you will save a bundle.

hugh-265156 22:47 16 Jan 2004

ps.try pc world component centre for hardware quite reasonable click here

gudgulf 23:48 16 Jan 2004

Try these for online components

click here

click here

Botk UK based

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?