Asus x99-S. World of pain...

TomBaldwin 16:15 05 Mar 2015

Hi all,

So just completed a new build and the dreaded error codes of doom have arisen.

Before i start ill list system specs (system has not been O/C yet):

Intel i7 5930k Asus x99-S Corsair 2400mhz LPX Vengeance RAM. 16gb. Is on the Asus QVL. (Qualified Vendors List) For this motherboard. Nzxt Kraken x61 cooler. x2 Evga Superclocked Nvidia geforce gtx 980 in sli Samsung 850 Pro 250gb SSD WD Cavier black 2 TB @ 7200rpm Seasonic 1050W Gold Modular PSU

So... I completed the build the other day. I managed to install windows but was getting something strange happen. From a cold boot it would freeze on the windows logo on boot... But on a warm boot it boots fine with no issues... (At this point i was using an XFX Pro 850W PSU) Thinking there may not be enough power getting to the system from a cold boot i put in my spare Seasonic 1050W Gold Modular PSU and was getting the same issues. Ive checked to make sure everything is seated properly. Ive cleared the CMOS and Replaced the Battery. Cpu and cooler are sitting fine and Ive also checked the RAM which is also fine.

The list of errors i get seems to be a lot.... 62- Instalation of the PCH runtime servies (Hangs on this for a second on boot) AE- Legacy Boot Event (Will often freeze on windows logo with this showing on the mobo) 63-67- cpu dxe initialization is started (Also freezes with this error often) 99- Super IO initialization (Also freezes on this often too)

Ive also now got an issues where the red light above GPU 1 is coming on before POST. Then going away. Ive checked both GPU's and swapped then round. Still getting the same error. After the beep the red light goes away and ive had no indiciations while in windows that the graphics are playing up in anyway since benchmarking them has given great results with no freezes etc...

As for the Red light above GPU1 ive attached a small video. Sorry for quality lol click here starting to think my mobo is dying a painful death. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. Over thinking these issues isnt doing me any favours i think. lol

Regards Tom.

Im

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?