ASUS X556U continuously crashing after startup

Maisiemay06 13:10 19 May 2017

My Asus x556u laptop usually works fine but this morning it has crashed about 8 times. I turn it on, log in then after about 5 minutes it completely crashes and freezes. If I leave it for long enough, about 10 minutes, it shows the blue screen with 'your computer ran into a problem...' and then restarts. Otherwise I just hold the power button until it turns off and restarts. Then on start up it does a disk scan. I don't know anything about computers so please be as basic as possible with responses. I installed the windows 10 creators update a few days ago so don't know if it's realtors to that. The laptop was bought new in January. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!! I have exams coming up and need my laptop asap Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 19 May 2017

You have only up to 10 days to revert back to before the Creators Update.

If the problems have started since then I would be tempted to revert back and see if that stops the problems.

Settings - Update and security - Recovery - follow the instructions to return to old operating system.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?