Asus tiny Eee Laptop not connecting to net

kjrider 12:20 20 May 2008

My nextdoor neighbour has just bought one of these and came round last night as she couldn't get onto the internet.

Its running Linux and uses Firefox to browse the net.(I have used Firefox on my windows PC.)

Turning on the wifi, it picked up my wifi and others. Connected to my wifi but pages loaded half way then seemed to get stuck.

So plugged the ethernet cable in with same result.

Any ideas so a teenage girl can enjoy her birthday present?

KJR

sean-278262 13:39 20 May 2008

This may or may not help but try the suggestions posted here

click here

sean-278262 13:41 20 May 2008

Ignore that, I just remembered that you said it was a linux Eee. Try going into the firefox options menu and deleting all the private data in the privacy settings tab. Ensure you clear everything by ticking all the boxes.

alan2273 16:28 20 May 2008

kjrider you would be better of posting at this forum as it is for eeepc users.
click here

kjrider 17:15 20 May 2008

Thanks alan2273 & Astec123 - I think I might be getting there

KJR

LastChip 18:34 20 May 2008

Stating the obvious, it's definitely not right. A friend of mine has one and I've been constantly amazed how fast it is.

Asus do have fairly good support via email, so that may be an avenue you would like to try and as alan2273 has already pointed out, the Eee forum has amazingly friendly and dedicated people who would probably be better positioned to help you.

You could also try updating the system. It's a modified XANDROS system and like all freshly installed factory installations, there's just a chance an update may cure the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?