Asus PDF motherboard manual asking for password

GaT7 21:26 04 Aug 2014
Answered

I've been through many motherboards (incl Asus) & their PDF manuals in my lifetime, but never come across this one before!

On downloading any of the English PDF manuals from here, I'm being asked to enter a password to open it. Would anyone have a clue what this could be? Thanks, G

1]: [click here

rdave13 21:43 04 Aug 2014

Had a look but it only asks for the OS for me.

rdave13 21:48 04 Aug 2014

Motherboard P8B75-M LX pdf.

GaT7 21:49 04 Aug 2014

As mentioned - after downloading the PDF manual & trying to open it, it (the PDF file) asks for a password. G

rdave13 22:00 04 Aug 2014

Motherboard P8B75-M LX pdf. Global(DLM) Version E7741 opens fully for me on Win 8.1 without a password query.

GaT7 22:12 04 Aug 2014

Thanks rdave13, I'm on WinXP. This is what I'm getting when I try to open any of the English ones:

Screenshot 1]: [click here

rdave13 23:05 04 Aug 2014
Answer

I use Windows' own PDF reader so possibly try another reader?

BRYNIT 08:18 05 Aug 2014

I just tried and have had no problems with any of the English file.

I use Firefox and Adobe reader, when I click on any PDF download links Adobe automatically opens them in a web page, even if I downloading to my computer and opening them I have still have no problems.

The puzzle now is what on your computer could be causing this problem.

GaT7 15:08 05 Aug 2014

Thanks guys, installed Foxit Reader & it now works as it should. I thought about trying a different PDF reader but was a bit lazy to do so!

I was using SlimPDF Reader to open it, which I've been using for the last couple of years with no problems. Switched from Foxit Reader, which I'd used for the previous 7-8 years. Was using Adobe Reader previous to these, but found it slow to start up & heavy on resources, hence the move to the much 'lighter' ones. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?