ASUS Memory Issues

Tizzle 15:18 11 May 2003

I've just put together a PC running an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo, with 512Mb DDR400 memory. All worked for a couple of weeks, and then the POST reported system memory fail. I replaced the memory, but the PC still wouldn.t boot (no BIOS code beeps either.) I returned the mobo to my local shop who tested it, and replaced it as faulty. The new mobo has now done exactly the same thing! Either I'm very unlucky, or there's something here I'm missing. I've swapped CPU and PSU, with no effect. If I remove the memory, the PC behaves exactly as when it is fitted. HELP!

Tizzle

Rayuk 16:05 11 May 2003

There is a problem with this board sometimes running at 200fsb then offering the symptoms you have.
Have a look around here for solutions
click here
or
click here

Mick248 21:05 13 May 2003

Stay well away from ASUS Mobo's. Sorry not an answer but an honest opinion.

sneakerman 21:25 13 May 2003

I am not technially minded but if you go the Scan web page (click here) and look at the information for any version of Windows XP, go all the way to the bottom, there is a paragraph thats says something to the effect that when installing XP with an AMD processor the FSB needs to be set at 100, after installation set it to whatever you like.
I can't really find out anything about this but have been told possibly when XP came out the fastest FSB was 100 and during the installation XP checks various 'things' one being the FSB and doesn't recognise anything greater than 100.
I haven't a clue what I'm talking about but I'm going to re-install XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?