Asus Laptop

Chirag 14:06 08 Oct 2007

I am looking to buy a new laptop and I came across the Asus F3E AP073C from laptopsdirect click here
I wanted to find out whether this laptop has a glass screen or a normal tft screen. I have seen some laptops which also say wxga but come with a non glass type screen, and I have seen some which have bright glass screens. Can someone confirm for me whether this laptop has a glass screen or not please. Thanks.

Chirag 16:59 08 Oct 2007

What I mean by Glass screen is the tft display it has. Some laptops' tft display looks shiny and looks and feels like glass whereas some look normal and do not feel like glass if you know what I am trying to say. Thanks

DJ-Garry 17:04 08 Oct 2007

The new shiney screens are supposed to be a lot better, clearer, brighter and more realistic and vivid colours. The only downsdie is that they can sometimes cause a few reflectiveity problems if used under strip lighting (so I've read).
But a little careful placement and adjusting of the viewing anlge should far outweigh the cons

Chirag 17:13 08 Oct 2007

Does this model Asus F3E AP073C have the new bright screen? If someone could confirm that for me Id really appreciate it thanx.

Chirag 17:13 08 Oct 2007

Does this model Asus F3E AP073C have the new bright screen? If someone could confirm that for me Id really appreciate it thanx.

I am Spartacus 17:41 08 Oct 2007

The specification mentions that it has a colour shine screen.

This link here suggests that it is a 'shiny' screen and mentions high gloss LCD screen click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?