Asus lap top power light flashing red

gel 15:46 02 Dec 2014
Answered

Battery/mains light which is normally either red needing battery charge or green when fully charged has suddenly started flashing red. Any suggestions please

spuds 16:12 02 Dec 2014
Answer

Whats the power level showing on the laptop, just using the battery. Then check with power lead to the mains connected.

You might find that a possible check, is to run the battery down, then try a full recharge. If this doesn't improve the situation, then a new battery might be required, or alternatively it might be something else, which another member might know about.

Perhaps a read from this article might also help (from a Google search). click here

gel 17:43 02 Dec 2014

Thank you 'spuds' for your comment and for the article reference The battery indicates it is fully charged and continues to operate with the power supply disconnected The Lap top also work's on power So I now suspect that the lap top has overheated and has taken evasive action. I have closed down Had a cup of tea resumed and all now seems well I hope. I have been using the lap top all day and it must be getting tired like me We both need a rest I think but thank you very much for your comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?