Asus driver cd needed

Jollyjohn 15:27 22 Oct 2010

Hi
Hope somebody can help as I am after a copy of the cd as supplied with an Asus A7N8X motherboard. I believe the cd contains a BIOS recovery tool that I need to recover the BIOS on this motherboard.
It failed a BIOS update and using AWDFLASH from a floppy I get the message "source file not found" I know the new BIOS is on the floppy.
Having researched this I have found there is a crash free BIOS recovery tool on the cd, hence the request for the cd.
Thanks

northumbria61 15:43 22 Oct 2010

Have you tried ASUS Support ? click here

northumbria61 15:48 22 Oct 2010

Don't know if it will do anything, but you could try this - Unplug the power cord, then either use the ClearCMOS jumper or remove the motherboard battery for a minute, then replace, plug it back in & see what happens

Jollyjohn 15:54 22 Oct 2010

Hi
I have been to the ASUS support page where I downloaded the BIOS flash utility and a the latest BIOS file.
The BIOS flash utility - AWDFlash - autoruns and gives the message "source file not found". The ASUS support page suggests I should get the option to type in the correct filename - but this is not the case. The next option they suggest is to boot from the supplied cd.
I have removed the battery - for a couple of days - cant find a clear cmos jumper - but still the same message, hence my search now for the cd.

GaT7 16:02 22 Oct 2010

Few more things to try: Bad BIOS Flash and Dead Board Testing click here

Asus A7N8X page at Asus click here (other variations of your board click here if applicable). See if you can find anything useful under the Download tab. You can download the manual from there which will tell you how to clear the CMOS via the jumper. G

northumbria61 16:04 22 Oct 2010

"The next option they suggest is to boot from the supplied cd."

Hi Jollyjohn - I was suggesting that you try ASUS for a replacement CD. I will keep looking to see if I can locate one for you or maybe someone else on here can help out with one.

northumbria61 16:13 22 Oct 2010

Anything here click here may be the page that Crossbow 7 is referring to.

northumbria61 16:14 22 Oct 2010

Under "Download" Tab

northumbria61 16:15 22 Oct 2010

Select OS then files will expand

Jollyjohn 16:23 22 Oct 2010

Ooops the ASUS site appears to have gone down for the minute. Never mind must go to work now and will play with this over the weekend if I get the chance.
Will tick resolved for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?