ASUS A8N-VM More Memory

chessman2 08:58 19 Apr 2007

I have an ASUS A8N-VM m/bd which only had 256Mb of memory so after running the Crucial Technology scanner bought and installed 1GB (2x512Mb. I removed the the original 256Mb and installed the new memory in the 2 blue slots (0&1) as I don't have a manual I belive that the m/bd works in pairs. The PC tells me that I now have 960Mb memory OK, but the Crucial scanner tells me I only still have 256Mb with 3 empty slots which I don't. What's going on? And can I add the original memory or do I need additional module to make it work properly.

Thanks

moorie- 09:13 19 Apr 2007

did you buy the memory from crucial ?

moorie- 09:18 19 Apr 2007

just another thought,
crucial could still be using your old scan,delete it off then rescan
if youve any doubts give crucial a ring

chessman2 09:30 19 Apr 2007

Hi Moorie,

Yep, bought it from Crucial works fine. How do I delete my previous scan from their website?

moorie- 09:35 19 Apr 2007

Hi it should be in the location where you downloads are stored
If that doesnt work give crucial a ring they are pretty helpful,ask about that other stick aswell

ps let us know how you get on
regs
D

chessman2 10:30 19 Apr 2007

Just to say I've checked with their System Checker again and this time it's worked OK and returned the correct diagnosis. Just need to decide whether to buy another 256Mb to match the "old" memory module and make a total of 1.5Gb. Ah well, enough time playing with "boys toys" it's back to decorating the hall!

Cheers

Poitier 15:33 22 May 2007

The manual can be downloaded from Asus/support.It gives details of all memory combinations allowed.

chessman2 17:05 22 May 2007

Hi Poitier,

I thought I'd closed this subject back in April, thanks for your info. Happily all resolved back then and my wife's PC is "whizzing along" thanks to the new memory.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?