asus a8n-sli

User-5F8D69BB-1E64-44F4-862FDEC4EC0E264F 11:47 17 Jun 2007

my mates pc has what I think is a graphics card failure, but want to check before spending a lot. When he boots up it give what sounds like 1long and two short bleeps. The M/B manual does not give any info about bleep codes. When I plug in a headset it sounds like it says DDA error. I can't find any info on this error code. The graphics card is an ATI x1950 and all we have is a blank screen.

Kate B 11:52 17 Jun 2007

You would get a blank screen with this mobo - it doesn't have onboard graphics. Try another card in the slot.

Sorry I should have said I have not got a spare PCI express card to test. Assuming it is a card failure he wants to buy a top range card and is looking to spend £300 so wants to be sure it is the card not M/B problem.

retep888 12:21 17 Jun 2007

Have a look on these

click here

Kate B 12:57 17 Jun 2007

My first A8N SLI Deluxe did that and I replaced both graphics cards, only to have the same thing happen again: it turned out to be the motherboard, not the cards. First, try the card in another PC to rule out the card itself being the problem - it might not be; I seem to remember that this was an issue this model. You might be looking at a new mobo.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:58 17 Jun 2007

Have you tried just removing and refitting the card?

Thanks fruit bat thats the first thing I did. I also took out the memory chips and reseated them. I will have to ask around at work for some help. My PC's are still AGP so I cant test the card.

Kate B 13:31 17 Jun 2007

Do try the card in another PC if you can - as I say, it might well be the mobo itself. It was with mine.

It was the motherboard. New one on the way. Thanks

Kate B 00:34 22 Jun 2007

Glad you nailed down the problem - what are you replacing it with? Or did you manage to track down another one the same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?