asus a7n8x-x single channel mode

pookie 14:40 30 Nov 2003

hi

new mobo. i have 2 sticks of pc400 512mb ram and 3 ghz athlon. i only got the mobo yesterday so i guess bios and drivers are up to date. i did a reformat/install. when i boot up it says it's single channel mode. don't get me wrong it runs fine and 3d 2003 score is 5400 which i guess is about right. but should it not say dual channel mode? or should i be worried?

cheers

P

leo49 14:55 30 Nov 2003

click here

The customer reviews on this board are plentiful and full of tips for optimising. I gather your Asus is similar to my own MSI board in that the memory dimms have to be in specific slots to enable Dual Channel Mode - In your case,I gather the 2 Blue sockets.

pookie 15:44 30 Nov 2003

thanks leo49 - i'll read through them later. i won't resolve it in case anyone else wants to add anything

P

Rayuk 15:58 30 Nov 2003

Put the sticks of ram in outside slots 1 & 3
I have them this way and it registers as dual channel mode

You dont say which slots you have them in

Sion 16:06 30 Nov 2003

If u have got the "-X" version of this board, is does not have a dual channel memory controller, only a single channel controller, hence the low price. Check Asus's website. If u wanted a dual channel board, the cheapest is the MSI K7N2-L Delta, which can be had for about £55 off ebuyer including delivery.

Rayuk 16:57 30 Nov 2003

You are quite correct.

I have the deluxe version will have to study posts a little more carefully in future.

pookie 19:48 30 Nov 2003

thanks guys

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?