Asus A7N8X Deluxe revision 2.0 boards given up

donatello 23:21 27 Mar 2006

Does anyone know where you can still get the ASUS A7N8X DELUXE REVISION 2.0 BOARD mines just packed up and i would like to replace with the same one so I dont have to reload the o/s as the hard drive contains all my sons college work,and he wont be best pleased if I lose it all.

gudgulf 23:36 27 Mar 2006

If you have a full Windows installation disc then all you need to do is a "Repair" installation along with reinstalling all the graphics/chipset/soundcard drivers when you use a different motherboard.

That wont lose any data or any of the previously intalled programs.

xania 08:57 28 Mar 2006

Not to keen on repairing Windows for a new MOBO. As a teemporary measure, perhaps, but it will, most likely be much slower and may even fail completely. You need to back up all your son's material onto CD or the like (which you should do in any case - what happens if your Hard Disk fails) and then you can go ahead and do a copmplete rebuild.

By the way, I always recommend that you keep data on a separate virtual drive - makes it much easier to manage backups. Failing this, a separate main folder on your root drive will do this trick.

Cuddles 09:28 28 Mar 2006

click here used on ebay

Cuddles 09:29 28 Mar 2006

click here
used from amazon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?