Asus A7N8X deluxe & Radeon 9800 pro -Will it fit?

wyatt earp 18:56 08 May 2004

Hi all , i have the above mobo and want to upgrade my graphics card.
I have heard comments on this forum before about some graphics cards not fitting the mobo because of high components etc.

Can anyone confirm the graphics card at this link click here
will fit ok and is it a good card?

Your comments most welcome.
Wyatt

Hrosir 19:11 08 May 2004

I have just finished building my pc and have used the same motherboard and graphics card. No problem

Spook Tooth 19:14 08 May 2004

It's a good card and cheaper if you buy from Scan currently on their Today Only page for £138.59inc click here. Carriage is quite pricey though.

I think it was some of the high end Geforce FX models (5950) and new 6800 series that cause the sizing problems, whereby they don't fit in with motherboard components (due to larger heatsinks/fans). You should be okay with a 9800 Pro... maybe, try and get an agreement that should it not fit your motherboard (be fit for purpose), it's okay to send it back (probably at your cost though). Call them in advance and ask the company in question.

wyatt earp 19:16 08 May 2004

Thanks for that!

Did you have to get the latest drivers from the manufacturers website?

What processor & memory did you fit to the MoBo?

Wyatt

Rayuk 20:36 08 May 2004

2500+Barton Good heat sink and fan[Thermalright900U] and PC3200 memory and run fsb at 200 to give you equivalent of Athlon3200+

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?