Assistance needed please

the flying monkey 17:59 03 Sep 2003

After careful consideration and reading many reviews I have decided to buy Radeons 9600 Pro Graphics card. The only problem is that there are two types and I have no idea which is better.

Dabsvalue Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb DDR AGP DVI VO for £120.00.

or

Dabsvalue Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB DDR AGP RP DVI VO for £129.00.

I would have thought that the 256MB was better but then I realised it was cheaper.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
What does 'RP' and 'DVi Vo' mean?

wiznyme 18:59 03 Sep 2003

All things being equal I'd go for the one with the most RAM, although I can't understand why thats the cheapest.

woodchip 19:09 03 Sep 2003

Do not jump in at the deep end, it may mean that one as got tv out and the other as not, or it may mean than it will connect to a TFT screen so be carful if you are spending that amount

Jester2K II 19:13 03 Sep 2003

RP - Retail Pack - The only differnece is one comes in a White box withOUT extra games etc the other is a Retail Box which has nice piccy on the cover and come with games and extras.

VO - Video Out - Standard Video Connnector

DVI - Short for Digital Visual Interface, a digital interface standard created by the Digital Display Working Group (DDWG) to convert analog signals into digital signals to accommodate both analog and digital monitors

Check the RAM differences are real and not a spronting error...

Rayuk 19:18 03 Sep 2003

Hard to tell as info for the 256Mb card doesnt give you any details

Seems a bit fishy as the non-pro 256Mb card is £4.99 more.Plus the big issue they are overdue.

the flying monkey 19:24 03 Sep 2003

I'll get in contact with dabs just to make sure it isn't some dodgy error and that all the specs are what they should be. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?