AsRock Z77 Extreme 6/Corsair Vengeance Ram problem?

Raj26 18:06 20 Jun 2014

Hi. So I've basically replaced my old motherboard and CPU with a new AsRock Z77 Extreme6 and intel i7 3770k. My rest of the specs are as follows

Corsair RM750 Fully Modular power supply 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 4GB EVGA GTX 670 FTW + Backplate 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001

So the problem is that, I installed those 4 rams into the slots, the error number panel on the motherboard does it's thing and comes back on which keeps the PC from going passed the "Asrock" screen. I've tried and tested all of the sockets and all of the RAM and they all work. Except for when I put all of them in at the same time. At the moment, it's running 4x3 just fine but 4x4 it won't go past the "asrock" screen. It keeps refreshing the memory or something. Here's a video of the problem.

Here's a video of what happens: click here

Raj26 19:10 20 Jun 2014

Well the ending digits are B2 and D7 and others before that are just random like 15, 99, 4F, 72, 62, B2, D7 > Repeat. I've checked all of the slots and they all seem to work. Tried every Ram, they all work. Just not together. I have 4x3 running right now which is working fine but as soon as I put another one in, It'll stay at the Asrock screen. :/

amonra 19:26 20 Jun 2014

In the back of my tiny brain I seem to remember a big problem with Asrock M/B s and large numbers of memory sticks. Try looking on Tom's Hardware website. Sorry if I'm completely off track, but I'm sure there was a problem using more than 2 sticks of mem.

Raj26 20:24 20 Jun 2014

MechKb2 - This is my RAM :P. click here 4 sticks, I can't get to bios. It restarts at the screen :/

With

Raj26 20:42 20 Jun 2014

MechKb2 - This is my RAM :P. click here 4 sticks, I can't get to bios. It restarts at the screen :/

With

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?