asrock 775i945 gz

vincent1 18:30 20 Mar 2009

hi i have been given a computer to build up for a relative the motherboard is a asrock 775i945 gz it has only one ide socket on can i connect one ide hard drive and one dwd rewriter to this socket on the same lead if so what do i set the jumpers to on the hard drive and dvd drive do i need to do any thing in the bios to set the ide hard drive up as i has four sata sockets i am not going to use as i have no hard drives it has a 1.6 cpu and 1 gb memory so should run ok on xp proffesional any help appreciated will i need to run a bios upgrade? many thanks

MAJ 19:35 20 Mar 2009

"can i connect one ide hard drive and one dwd rewriter to this socket on the same lead"

Yes.

"what do i set the jumpers to on the hard drive and dvd drive"

Set the hard drive to master and connect it to the end connector of the ribbon cable. Set the DVD drive as slave and connect it to the middle connector of the ribbon cable.

"do i need to do any thing in the bios to set the ide hard drive up"

Just check that the IDE controller is enabled and set the DVD drive as the first boot device and the hard drive as second boot device under the Boot Options section in the BIOS.

vincent1 11:42 06 Apr 2009

hi as my previous post i have now built up the pc as advised i now have the oxc0000006 error is this because i am only using the one ide lead dvd drive set to slave hard drive set to master as the mother board only has one ide socket i am running xp pro service pack 3 and downloaded all the drivers from asrock site can anyone help? i have googled this message and its a common problem but cant find a solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017