ASP.NET ---He's done it again!!

TonyV 11:42 08 Apr 2010

I did some Windows Updates yesterday and everything went in fine with no problems. The reason for doing it was I took an early restore operation to get rid of the Browser Choice system.

In so doing, this morning when I switched on, I noticed I had to go through the Log in window where I pick my name out and it loads my setting etc. I haven't done this for years and wondered why it should suddenly happen.

Looking through here, I saw how to check out and change accounts. When I went throu' that sequence, there was another account added to my machine listed as ASP.NET. This I think is something to do with Mr Microsoft.

I wonder what right they have to add accounts to personal machines with out even asking?

I have deleted the account and all the associated files etc. and it seems to have done the trick. I now go straight in to Windows XP with none of the auxiliary windows popping up.

I assume this will cause no trouble on the machine?

TonyV

Sea Urchin 11:44 08 Apr 2010

This explains

click here

birdface 11:46 08 Apr 2010

They have been doing it for years now and like you i don't think it should be allowed.
At a rough guess probably about 25% of computer owners will have this on there computers and never noticed it before.

TonyV 11:51 08 Apr 2010

Thanks for your speedy responses. According to your link Sea Urchin, it will have no adverse affect on my machine since I do not do development work on it.

Maybe we should get someone to hack into Microsoft's systems and open a myriad of accounts there!

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache