aspire5715z empowering technology for xp pro?

Jwbjnwolf 16:37 16 Jan 2011
Answered

my acer aspire 5715z came preinstalled with vista home premiam. Have gone through win7 pro, which went back to vista ult(factory default), mandriva linux, ubuntu 10.10 and is now xp pro.
I used to have acer empowering technology with vista and want it back on xp but when i found downloads from acer site for my exact model, i downloaded and installed it but it then said unsupported os as it were meant for vista.
in school i have seen that some of the pcs have got the empowering technology toolbar and apps so i know can get it for xp but i need it as dedicated for my laptop don't i?

can anyone help me find the right download i need for my laptop and os?

thanks to whoever is able to help.

GaT7 17:24 16 Jan 2011

I had a look at Acer via click here for your particular model, but there are no applications listed for XP except 'Acer LaunchManager Application' & 'Acer WebCam Application'.

None here either click here.

This click here looked promising, but unfortunately the links don't work.

Also, from the 1st point under Downloads in the 2nd link:

"Please do not install update-utilities for Acer Empowering Technology applications that did not come installed on your computer.

For example, if your computer is a Veriton 7700GX, you cannot install update-utilities for any other model. Different computers have different hardware configurations and each model has its own unique set of Acer Empowering Technology applications."

I think it means that even if you found Acer ET XP applications for other similar laptop models, it won't be suitable for your model.

In short, most likely unavailable for you particular laptop. G

GaT7 17:25 16 Jan 2011

'Also, from the 1st point under Downloads in the THIRD link:'. G

Jwbjnwolf 17:47 16 Jan 2011

oh well, a bit on the downside. Was just a thought. oh well

Jwbjnwolf 17:56 16 Jan 2011
Answer

Will phone acer customer support number to ask them themselves as that would save a big effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?