Aspect ratio in CS2

redshift300 22:00 07 Feb 2008

I have recently installed Photoshop CS2. I have one problem, when images are opened the aspect ratio is incorrect (the image is too tall). On looking in the Pixel aspect ratio folder I find that it is set to 'square', if I change it to PAL 1.066 the image is then correct. However this setting is not kept by Photoshop and the next image is also then wrong when loaded. Is there any way to set PAL 1,066 as the default aspect ratio so that I will not have to reset it every time I load an image. I am using an ACER 19inch wide screen monitor and the operating system is XP professional. Any help would be appreciated. The screen is set to 1440 by 900. as recommended by ACER. As an amateur photographer I need the aspect ratio to be correct. Many thanks in advance.
Tom

MAT ALAN 22:25 07 Feb 2008

click here

this may help...

hssutton 23:42 07 Feb 2008

Have just checked in CS3

With image open select "Image" "Pixel Aspect Ratio" "Reset Pixel Aspect Ratios".

You should then have square selected

redshift300 09:08 08 Feb 2008

Thank you to those who replied. Unfortunately I may not have made my request clear. 'Square' is the default setting, I want to make 'DV PAL 1.066' as the default setting, is this possible as I do not want to have to reset it every time I load an inage.

hssutton 10:13 08 Feb 2008

Not having used a wide screen monitor. I'm not sure of the answer, Have posed your question to members of the photo forum which I use. No doubt an answer will be forthcoming during the day.

redshift300 10:48 08 Feb 2008

Thanks for your reply. I will look forward to their response.

hssutton 20:54 08 Feb 2008

Sorry I'm not able to come with an answer to your problem, a number of people using wide screen have come back to me on this and they all report using the default setting of Square pixel.

Everything I read up on aspect ratio relates to video

Maybe you should register at the Adobe forums and post your problem there click here

redshift300 14:54 09 Feb 2008

Thanks for your help. I will try the Adobe forum and if I ever solve this I will leave a post. I may have to live with having to reset the aspect ratio every time. Why Adobe could not make the new setting defaultable I dont know. For anyone puzzled about this, images appear too tall on a wide screen monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?