ASP File

Ex plorer 16:28 15 Dec 2008

ASP File appears when I want to type into Tesco search bar looking for groceries, is there any thing I can do to stop this. I am using FireFox but this dose not accrue when using IE. OS Vista

skidzy 16:37 15 Dec 2008

Have you got Javascript unticked in Firefox ?
If so try ticking the box/ok and try your site again.

Ex plorer 16:43 15 Dec 2008

Its ticked,

This is the exact mesage I get

You have chosen to open a Content.asp
which is a ASP File
from click here
would you like to save this file.

skidzy 16:45 15 Dec 2008

Forgive me if ive misunderstood but for the life of me i cannot see a search bar on the link you have given.

skidzy 16:53 15 Dec 2008

I can get a searchbar from another page such as click here

A bit of reading click here im a little lost at the moment myself as i cannot recreate the problem.

At the moment im thinking of a Firefox setting needs changing ?

Ex plorer 16:54 15 Dec 2008

Ha no you wont, I buy all my groceries on line from Tesco and I copied tesco address and its made it into a link unintentionally, my apologies as it has no bearing on the problem, only the mesage I getis the problem.

Ex plorer 17:03 15 Dec 2008

click here
its just a problem with tesco I only clicked the linked to go to Tesc and its throwen up the above.

skidzy 17:04 15 Dec 2008

here is a PDF file that may have some bearing on your message click here

I am guessing but it maybe a system Tesco have introduced ,someone with more knowledge on this may help more.

What version of Firefox are you using,as i think its a Firefox issue or possibly Tescos and Firefox issue.

Ex plorer 17:10 15 Dec 2008

Version 3.04

skidzy 17:19 15 Dec 2008

Version is upto date so thats ok.

Ive gone through the Firefox settings here and i cannot re-create the problem,so im guessing its an issue on your pc or Firefox setting somewhere.

Just a thought,try clearing your cache;

Close Firefox and run ccleaner and delete all it finds click here

Ex plorer 10:10 16 Dec 2008

Hi skidzy ran cc cleaner and shifted some junk I see its a problem with other net buyers at Tesco so I will have to revert to IE to shop there for now, I will continue to try and find a fix and and get back, any other advice is always welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?