Ashampoo won't accept license key

thumbscrew 16:43 18 Jan 2011

I've had Ashampoo free firewall on my machine for several months and I installed it easily and with no problems.However, I've been trying and failing miserably to install it on my wife's laptop. It won't accept the license key no matter how many times I try. Can anyone help please?

GaT7 16:51 18 Jan 2011

Could have expired, so get a new key via their website click here (only email address is a must).

By the way, do you get any or too many marketing emails from them that you'd like to stop? G

thumbscrew 16:57 18 Jan 2011

Thanks Crossbow, I've reapplied several times and each time I get the same key back. No, don't get the marketing emails.

MAT ALAN 17:00 18 Jan 2011

click here
FAQs here might help...

GaT7 17:05 18 Jan 2011

If MAT ALAN's info is no joy either, I'd suggest contacting them via their 'Direct support contact form' click here (right column). G

thumbscrew 17:07 18 Jan 2011

Thanks Mat Alan, I'm certain that I copied the key correctly, but strange things can happen! I'll try copy and paste when I call to see her in the morning (She's my ex wife!)

Sea Urchin 17:13 18 Jan 2011

"By the way, do you get any or too many marketing emails from them that you'd like to stop?"

Yes, I certainly did - but clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the mail had an immediate effect - and now no more :@)

thumbscrew 17:15 18 Jan 2011

Cheers Crossbow, I'll try the copy and paste first-just in case, if no joy I'll contact them.

GaT7 17:37 18 Jan 2011

Sea Urchin, only unsubscribing in my Ashampoo online account seemed to work for me. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?